So here’s my catch at this year’s Comic Con. I kinda followed some tips from blogs on trying to buy exclusives, so what I did is that before the Con I tried to research stuff and then the moment I got to the Exhibit Hall, I bought most of the things in my Priority list already and then the money that was left after that was all reserved for the Sale on the last day. So pretty much it turned out great! All the things that I bought are awesome and i really love them. So here’s what I got, its kinda mixed between old ones and new ones, but pretty much I got what I really wanted.
1. Rotobox OG Ganmetall Celcius by Kuso Vinyl. This wasn’t on sale a the Con so I just contacted them to bring me one. I’m starting a rotobox collection. yay!
2. Custom Hand-drawn Spiki by Nakanari X Kuso Vinyl. I met nakanari in the Kuso booth and he was happy enough to talk to me and do me a custom! yay!
3. Dunny Skull by October Toys. I always wanted to get this since i saw it last Dcon but i didnt have money than. So good thing George of Toybreak brought some .
4. DIY Vinyl Pocket Pork Dumpling by Shawnimals X Plastic Heart. I just saw this and thought it would be cool to paint on it.
5. Peskimo Monster Burp (Windy Pops version) by Crazy Label. I always wanted to get this toy but always didnt have the right time to buy it. Luckily I got it on the sunday sale on the DKE Booth!
6. Sno-Tofu Bunny by Joe Ledbetter X Devil Robots. They just released it at the con. so hooray ! A Con from me w/o a Jled toy would be incomplete. I think I got this from Toy Tokyo
7. Disney Pop Mike Wazowski and Sulley by Funko. Luckily I was able to avail this SDCC exclusive coz they both ran out at the end.
8. Chipster (signed) by Scott Tolleson. I got this from Scott at his Stolle Art Booth and he Signed it. It was happy to meet him and probably this will be the start of my Scott Tolleson Collection.
9. Baby Chipster Resin Prototype by George Gaspar of October Toys. Yup, it wasn’t on the exclusives list and I just asked george what is it and he told me that he just carved 6 pieces of it and wont do it again. He was generous enough to sell me one! Yay! I can’t wait to paint on it with Chipster’s colorways.
10. Royal Pride by Tokidoki. This was a No-brainer. The moment I knew tokidoki was releasing an exclusive, I had to get it… and so i did.
11. Blank and Silver Unicorn by Tokidoki. Too bad I wasn’t there last friday for simone’s signing, so the blank one is just blank. haha, its still nice though coz you can’t buy it anywhere now.
12. Molly by Muttpop. This one I also always wanted to get. Again thanks to DKE for that Sale, thus fulfilling my dreams in getting this! Finally!
13. Thor by Plastic Booty Collectibles. I wasn’t planning to get this, but when John and the gang talked to me on how they handmade this,I was blown away by it. I thought its really a great resin for me to paint, considering that this is the first run of this toyline. They only made 12 of these and so i got one. Yay! i’m also excited to paint this.
(14.) i also Got a 10” MadL (green one) but I sold it to John of Plastic Booty Collectibles. I was just feeling generous at that time. Plus I still have a lot of customizing to do. So Ill just get that someday soon.
So there you go. These designer toys are great in every angle but the best thing for me is talking to the Artists who designed and sculpted these. That I believe is priceless and that brings me inspiration to create more art!
I’m glad I was at SDCC to get these! I’m excited for this November for Pasadena’s Designer Con. Excited to meet people again and buy their art pieces. yay!